Friday, November 14, 2008

DFP - Defensive Fighting Position


A Foxhole! Perhaps an odd subject to write about when it comes to all things spiritual transformation but not really. BTW, the picture I posted I found out is from July of 1958, I was a month old! Okay moving on, we are not meant to wage war alone. Far too many people live their inner lives isolated, private and alone. WHY? Are they afraid that if people really knew them they would freak out and leave? If that were the case then nearly everyone would be alone. Life is a both a process, but it is also a hostile battle. Scripture clearly points this out. I think many people are un-aware, they just believe their lives are full of hassles mixed with joys. Ever since Eve and Adam were tempted the battle ensued. Spiritual warfare will be another upcoming subject I am passionate about. But back to the Foxhole.
A foxhole was set up so that there was a 360 degree fighting position where those in the foxhole could protect each others' back. Whose got yours? I am serious! When you are hit with battle who has your back? Who is in your life that you know and are known enough to trust each other to be there during life's most difficult times? I want a sharpshooter who knows how to defend and take out the incoming attackers. I don't want just a nice person I am friends with. I want a warrior, someone who is not afraid of war, who not only is willing to be on the front-lines but knows it's necessary. Someone who wears and uses the entire armor with great skill and a warrior's mind and heart.
Here's my question to you. Who is your foxhole person/people? YOU MUST HAVE SOME! Who would say they want you in their foxhole? This needs to be addressed immediately, if no names pop up you need to fix this right away! I have several and I am grateful, and for all you Kevin Conklin Foxhole people out there reading this...thanks for asking me to watch your back/heart and for doing the same for me! We are in this together!!!!

No comments: