Thursday, January 22, 2009

My Friend - Abba

I love people! Yep, it's true, I love them in every phase and stage - Broken and whole! I love making friends, deepening friendships and connecting. People are messy (me included) since we are all in process but that's the greatness of it all. I am not a "love 'em and leave 'em kind of person, and if you know me, you know this to be true (I pray). I am long haul all the way! I do understand there is a relational capacity where we can only "manage/maintain" closeness with so many people, but when people are a part of your passion then I believe that capacity is really large!
Last night, I was at church and I ran into a number of people. Some were truly people I "KNOW" deeply, others not so much and then I watched strangers interact. For one of my friends it was interrupted time and not quality, but it was still time spent together. You know the people where it's just good for your soul and life no matter how little or much time you have together. We wanted to spend more time together after church but she was too spent and the time that we wanted for deeper stuff just wouldn't have happend, so we put a rain check on it. I had time with another of the people I love, we had some un-interrupted time and it was good to hear his heart about things that his is passionate about that may come to fruition so this was time well spent. It was not as long as we would have liked but it was good to hear his heart! We have been hit and miss lately so it was good. Later I picked up his youngest son at the nursery, that little guy and I have a unique connection. He is too young to really communicate verbally with me but the connection has is there. I haven't seen him in a couple weeks so when I came to pick him up he had the biggest smile and a big hug for me! We both kind of gave a non-verbal "awwww"...

So here is the deal! God is creator, His is El Shaddai and mighty, He is Holy, majestic, and well.... He is God. But, and this is amazing, He calls me/us friend! Think about that for awhile will ya? When we meet together often there is this awwww thing where we are really connecting, sometimes it is interrupted (my fault entirely) and then there are times when we just don't connect. If you have gone any length of time without connecting with a dear friend and then you finally get to, well you know....awwww!! Abba loves us so much! Why don't you take time right this moment and re-connect or just connect with Him. He is especially fond of us!! James says that if we draw near to Him, He WILL draw near to us...He calls us friend! Don't let the moment pass you by, it's the best thing we have!!!!

No comments: