Saturday, February 21, 2009

Helping People See

For over 25 years I have had the honor of helping people see, in the context of spiritual matters that is. I believe God gifted me, called me and there is fruit that is long term to confirm this. Thank You for your GRACE and MERCY God! I love and am passionate about teaching God's word and His precepts into something that is transformational in people's lives, whether it be in front of a crowd of thousands, or in a coffee shop with one! It makes my heart come alive!!!

Over the last couple years due to life's twists and turns, what I thought was God's clear will and through disappointments that have nearly killed my heart I have not been consistently able to do this.

"Hope deferred makes the heart sick." Prov. 13:12

The last 2 plus years I have worked for an Optical Company literally helping people see. Filling prescriptions, making repairs and adjustments that improve their sight. Watching them put contacts or glasses on for the first time, or with a new RX, and then watching the smile on their face as they see clearly when minutes ago life was blurry is quite cool. BUT IT'S NOT THE SAME THING!

I am so seeking God for a place to serve Him again and my heart gets sick every once in awhile due to hope being deferred. One of the verses I have clinged to during these last 2 years is Romans 15:13

"May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust Him so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit."

Only you know the things you hope for, it may be a person, a better marriage, a new job, a new house, more money, less worry....but in the end, you and I must place our hearts desires in the tender hands of the God of all Hope and Peace so that we can experience true joy to overflow that comes from the Holy Spirit...

No comments: