Monday, September 15, 2014

Free Pizza and Ever Flowing Grace

  I know the title sounds a little funny, but follow me for a minute please and then it will make sense.  Saturday night my wife and I had been working pretty hard around the house and frankly as good as the steak looked in the fridge, neither of us had the energy to grill it. So, we do what most do, we ordered pizza.  I ordered it on-line and a few minutes later left to go pick it up a few minutes later.  When I got there to pick it up, they said the order never came through, that they were backed up, and if I wanted to order it would be another 30 minutes.  I was hungry but lazy and said okay.  So, I went over to Trader Joe's to do some grocery shopping, took my time, got everything loaded in the car and then went to pick up the pizza a few doors away. Only, when I got there, I found out it had 39 minutes to go.  "What?" I thought, but didn't say.  I sat and sat and waited, and I am sure I didn't look like I was ready to do a joy, joy, happy, happy dance.  When my pizza was finally ready, they boxed it and handed it to me.  I said, "um, I need to pay for it"  The guy behind the counter said, Nope, it's on us, you had to wait so long."


  I was un-done.  I had no reply other than humbled thanks.  I got in my car, drove home and all I could say was this is just a pizza, God's grace is so much more amazing and I just drove away blown away and realizing I have no adequate response to grace.

  What about you?  Ever receive anything free, something of value that was free or a gift that was pretty overwhelming?  What was your response? When it comes to God's free gift of complete forgiveness, un-conditional love and a place in eternity with Him when we pass from this life all you need to say is yes!  It's His offer! It's for anyone no matter what you've done or what's been done to you.  Please respond if this is your story, let me know if you have been blown away by His great offer.