Wednesday, January 15, 2014

The Go To's

Everybody has them. The "them" I am referring to are those "go to items" when you are in needing to get back to a good place. Here's what I mean....

- Verse of the Bible you go to when you are in need of Strength, wisdom, counsel, hope.
- Friend you go to in crisis.
- Move you go to in basketball that no one could stop.
- Place you go to be alone with God.
- Song mix you go to for contemplation, joy or exercise, etc..
- Vacation spot you go to for rest or creating memories.

 You get the idea. 

I have this stack of 3x5 index cards with various scriptures that I have copied down that really meant something at a specific time, or that bring me strength, guidance, comfort or a promise I can trust God for. God's word stands the test of time, and these have helped me out so much that I cannot count them.

Familiar verses like;
 "Trust in The Lord with all of your heart and lean not on your own understanding, in all of your ways acknowledge Him and He will make your paths straight." Proverbs 3:4-6
"The Lord roams about the earth seeking to strengthen those whose hearts are fully His."  I Chronicles 16:9
"There is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus." Romans 8:1
"Delight yourself in The Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart." Psalm 37:4
"I can do all things through Christ who gives me the strength." Philippians 4:13
"Apart from me you can do nothing." John 15:5
"May the God of all hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in Him so that you overflow with hope through the power of the Holy Spirit." Romans 15:13
"Above everything guard your heart for out of it flows everything." Proverbs 4:23

What are some of your go to Bible verses?

No comments: