Tuesday, June 5, 2012

It's the Simple Things in a Complex World

I am about to turn 54, ugh! Typing it looks like it's someone else's number, not mine. My body is starting to catch up to that number however and I am just going go ahead and admit that. BUT, what will always stay young is my heart and soul and I think one of the reasons why is because I keep things pretty simple. I literally stop and smell the roses, enjoy the shape of a cloud, smile at people having a good time, I love to laugh and play and be around happy people and so on. I KNOW that this keeps my heart and soul young. I can spot quickly when I am letting the complex and downer parts of the world in and I rebuke it. I am not saying that I duck responsibility, because I have walked through plenty of difficult situations with people and organizations. I am saying that I do my best to not carry the weight of those people and situations around with me. Take some time and consider the weight of your heart/soul. If it's feeling particularly heavy a simple test would be to figure out how much of the complex world you are carrying around with you and how you are missing the simple things in life. God wants us to live joyfully but I don't see a lot of joyful people. Who can blame anyone, the news and newspapers for the most part report bad news. Most people carry too much debt, don't like their jobs, have too many bills and too little time. Television has a few feel good shows out there but they are out-numbered, and we seem to be either in a big hurry or staring at our smart phones too much to even look up/around to notice the simple and good things in life. So, put your phone in your pocket, turn your music off in the car (every once in awhile), slow down and enjoy life a little, it's good for your soul!

No comments: