Saturday, December 29, 2012

My Key Words for 2013

JOY and DISCIPLINE. This past year I lost parts of both of these, and they have always been my strength. As I've reflected on 2012, I am convicted about this and know they need specific attention. I know it because a few people actually came up to me and spoke about my joy being lost (thank you btw). The Joy of the Lord has ALWAYS been my strength.

It will take some intentional thinking and doing on my part but I must lean on the Lord for help, I cannot simply will myself to do it. In regards to discipline, well let's just say in a couple areas I lacked it, (think 10 lbs. of more of me to love). I broke rules I have lived out, and even advised others on. Take the 10 minute exercise rule. Simply stated, "no one wants to exercise, but if you will at least start for 10 minutes, most likely you will finish." But getting started is the hardest part of any workout, there are justifications all over our lives as to why we will do it later. So, for 2013 I will submit my will to God's when it comes to JOY being my strength and not circumstances being just right, and being more DISCIPLINED. The cool thing is, when I am more disciplined I will also experience more joy! What are your keys for 2013?

No comments: