Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Keep Focused or Find Trouble

I am a pretty free spirit, those who know me know this to be true, but, I have a very disciplined side that allows me to be the relational free spirit I am. Who I am is a personality thing (free spirited, relational), what I must do to thrive is practice disciplines. Disciplines are really protections - when I miss exercise and eat poorly I am not protecting my health. Bible reading, prayer, and listening to the Spirit are spiritual disciplines that keep me intimate with God and protect me from sinful tendencies. What disciplines do you consistently practice in order to maintain the kind of life you want? What are you passionate about that will make a a difference in other's lives, and make your life a legacy? I contend we must live balanced and disciplined lives in order to be all we are meant to be, and do all we can to make life worth living. The Bible says not to run around aimlessly but focus on the prize of Christ. I want my life to be a joyful experience that God is proud of and others are drawn to because of Him over-flowing from me. The same is true at work, I have a list of Non-Urgent/Highly Important tasks to stick to on a daily basis knowing that there will be appointments, interruptions, crisis, projects non-scheduled items and so on, but if I stay true to my list I thrive, and the ministry does as well. It's not always easy but disciplines are crucial!
The disciplines I practice consistently protect me from aimless living.But when I fail to practice them trouble finds me and I find frustration. How about you?

No comments: